About This Episode
Do you know what is takes to become an award winning music artist?
Today my guest is Kristen Karma; a Pop music artists from Vancouver, Canada. Her music is fun and you can’t help but dance when you hear her music. She opened for one of the tours Grammy Award Winner Akon and 2 after parties for Lady Gaga, to name a few about her career. And today she shares the story about her journey…
- How Kristen got the gigs to work with artists like Akon and Lady Gaga
- How Kristen went from nothing about the music industry to writing and producing music
- The keys that would help you have a career that a lot of people are skeptical about
- How to pick the right team to have around you to push you forward
- How to believe in yourself more and make people fall in love with what you believe in
- Common mistake made by new artists who don’t understand how to get ahead
- What it takes to become a successful musician and what a lot of people take for granted
- How Kristen got to perform on Lady Gaga’s stage (a golden nugget)
- How to be creative and stand out in a crowded market
- How to succeed in the way that’s unique to you
About The Guest
Award Winning Pop Music Artist
Kristen Karma’s music career has already blossomed in the pop/dance scene in her hometown of Vancouver. Now located in Toronto, Kristen Karma is no stranger to the ever growing music industry. Karma not only wields a certificate in Audio Engineering from Hot Sole Music, but has studied voice with Judith Rabinovitch, who has worked with the likes of Avril Lavigne and Sarah McLachlan.
Even though much of her formative years were devoted to a theoretical and exacting world of ballet lessons, Air Cadets, Military Marching Bands, and The Royal Conservatory of Music, some of the only evidence that remains of her past is the neon pink tulle that shoots out from under her black corset. It’s undeniable—Kristen Karma is a band nerd. But she is a band nerd who might punch you in the face for showing up late to practice.
Her current single “Party Heroes” has her hard pounding electronic dance sound that is sure to bring your to your feet. The clever constructed lyrics and catchy beats combined heavy powerful guitar solos will leave you wanting more. Already garnering rave reviews with the infectious sounds throughout, this sees Kristen moving into a new stage of her music career. Released in April 2019, the song reached the iTunes Canada Pop chart Top 20, peaking at #17.
In 2013, Kristen Karma was selected as one of two performers to play the Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball After-party and open for Tour DJ/Lady Gaga BFF Lady Starlight in Vancouver. With rave reviews from her performance, she then went on to work with lil’Jon on her single “Sirens.”
In 2017, she opened for Grammy Award Winner Akon in Guelph, Ontario on his Canadian Promo Tour. Hot off the heels of her performance, Kristen was then approached and selected to play the Lady Gaga – Joanne World Tour VIP After-party once again in Vancouver after Lady Gaga’s performance at Rogers Arena.
Karma continues to wow audiences with her energetic live performances, and she does it all with a neon pink microphone in hand.