About This Episode
Who would you be if you were born under different circumstances than you are today? And what would you achieve if you can just imagine yourself as a different person who is more capable of achieving everything you ever dream of?
Today my guest Maxwell Ivey who is also known as the blind blogger, joins me to tell the story of how he went from failed carnival owner to successful author, blogger, podcaster, and influencer. He speaks about how he overcame his obstacles and kept going. How he continues to take on new difficult scary challenges and opportunities.
- 1. How having a vision impairment didn’t stop Max from achieving many things that people only dream of
- 2. Having a child like approach to life that would take you places
- 3. Why we need to be ok to ask for help to get our dreams fast
- 4. Build the right team around you that would get you to your dreams
- 5. How to share your story and change the world through it
- 6. How having a disability made Max approach challenges differently that makes him take more risks that other people don’t
- 7. Learn to see yourself as a more capable person to achieve greatness
- 8. Learn to say ‘no’ to say ‘yes’ to what truly lights you up”
- 9. If you don’t ask, they can’t say yes, so ask even if you might get a no
About The Guest
Author, Blogger, Podcaster & Influencer
I am a 49-year-old blind gentleman who grew up in a family of carnival owners. All I ever wanted to do was to continue in my father’s and grandfather’s footsteps and be part of the family business.
As you can tell by reading this, that isn’t where I ended up. I did help in the business over the years, but couldn’t sustain it after the early death of my father (who had lung cancer). I then turned to helping people sell their amusement equipment. I do that on my other site, The Midway Marketplace.
I started blogging to promote that site and met a lot of wonderful people in the blogosphere. They told me that I had an amazing story and many commented on how I inspired them. They finally convinced me that I had a bigger purpose in store for myself. So, I started this second blog, and in it I share more of my personal journey, struggles, and triumphs. I also got noticed by a lot of people and have appeared as a guest, an interview subject, and a motivator on many different sites. My As Seen Online page lists these places. I do my best to help others, and do so mostly by encouraging them to take steps towards their ultimate goal, or to continue on the path they have started. I am now offering coaching to help people who are stuck and frustrated with not being able to find their passion or follow their dreams once they have determined what they want in their lives. I am also available to speak to groups. I believe that by sharing the story of my personal growth and transformation, it will motivate and inspire anyone who hears it. In addition to starting a new business, I have also lost over 250 pounds through a combination of gastric surgery, diet, exercise, positive attitude, meditation, and prayer.