About This Episode
Have you ever dreamt of owning a business without having to build one from scratch?
Today’s guest David C Barnett is a Author, Speaker and is a private transaction advisor on buying and selling businesses. Over several years, David sold dozens of businesses for others while also managing his own portfolio of income properties and starting his career as a local private investor. And today he joins me to share his expertise in buying and selling businesses the right way and tells many stories about common pitfalls that most new business owners face.
- What you should look for before buying a business
- Steps to take before buying a business if you have no business experience
- How to deal with a business that you’re no longer passionate about
- Common mistakes made when buying and selling businesses
- How to evaluate a business before buying, the right way!
- Business, Baby Boomers & Zombie capital
- Things to keep in mind before deciding to sell a business
- Questions you must ask yourself before buying
- What is Seller Financing and how to make it happen for you as a buyer or a seller
- How to Sell a business like a smart businessman
- and…much more…
About The Guest
David C Barnett
Author, Speaker, Business Acquisition Expert
Barnett loves to say that it took him 10 years to un-learn what he was taught in business school. University had trained him to be a middle-manager in big enterprises, he was totally unprepared for the realities of small business. After a career in advertising sales, Barnett started several businesses including a commercial debt brokerage. Helping to finance small and medium sized businesses led to the field of business brokerage.
Over several years, Barnett sold dozens of businesses for others while also managing his own portfolio of income properties and starting his career as a local private investor. Barnett regularly consults with professionals and banks on business and asset values. Presently he works as a private transaction advisor with people around the world who are buying or selling a business.